Monday 5 November 2012

Night before sourdough pancakes

I have Karen to thank for putting me onto this fantastic recipe.  I have a sourdough starter in my fridge which I like to use for making bread but I have to be super organised with all the rising etc. So this recipe is an easy way to use your starter without all the hassle of making bread.

You make most of the batter the night before then just add the last bits and pieces in the morning.  I use whole spelt flour but I think any flour would work find.  Photos forthcoming......

Ingredients:
1 cup sourdough starter
2 cups H2O
3 1/2 cups whole flour  (may need a bit more or a bit less depening on thickness of starter)
3 eggs
4 tablespoons sweetner of choice (I use maple syrup)
1/4 melted coconut oil or butter
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp salt


1.  The night before (or any time up to 3 hours before) add starter, water and flour.  Mix 20 sec sp 4 and leave in the bowl overnight.
2. In the morning add the rest of the ingredients and mix 20 sec sp 4 until combined.
3.  Cook in the frypan with a little coconut oil as per usual pancake.
I like to serve mine with the strawberry sauce from the EDC and some ricotta.  I use half the sugar as the recipe suggests and vary the berries to whatever is in the freezer and I make the sauce whilst the pancakes are cooking.
A great weekend breakfast that even dads can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment